Equip yourself with strategies for removing barriers and stereotypes and to encourage diversity in the workplace and even through your community.
The Workplace Diversity eCourse will help you understand what diversity is all about by using skills such as active listening to receive messages in a diverse population. Learn how to communicate effectively as well as:
- Explain the meaning of stereotypes and biases, how they develop, and the reasons for your own perspectives.
- List strategies for removing barriers to encouraging diversity for yourself, in the workplace, and in the social community.
- Use active listening skills to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength.
- Explain the definition, terms and history of diversity.
Do you want to know more about this course or how we can help you with your professional development?
Contact Roxanne Ellis+27861 852 463
- Workplace Diversity Course Lessons Access (1 Month)
- Course eBook
- Templates and exercises
- Quick Reference sheet
- Online Certification Exam
- Explain the definition, terms and history of diversity
- List strategies for removing barriers to encouraging diversity for yourself, in the workplace, and in the social community
- Identify the importance of body language, both your own, and that of others, and recognize its importance in interpersonal communications
- List the steps a manager should take to record a complaint, analyse the situation, and take appropriate resolution action
- Identify the process an organization must follow to receive and respond to a complaint, and then creating mechanisms to prevent or reduce repeat situations
How long will it take to complete this eCourse ?
- This eCourse will take 8-9 hours to complete. There are 20 multiple choice exam questions administered online that will take up to an additional 1 hour to complete.
Technical Requirements (Computer)
- A computer with Microsoft Windows operating system (98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, or Windows 7) or Mac OS X (10.5 Leopard or higher).
- A computer with Microsoft Office 2000 or higher .
- A high speed internet connection and a web browser (Firefox is highly recommended as there are incompatibility issues with Internet Explorer).
- Adobe Reader (free software) .
You are required to complete an online multiple choice exam with a pass mark of at least 80%
Q: How does eLearning work with The Leadership Centre?
A: You will receive login details to access the course material online through The Leadership Centre eLearning portal. You can download the eBook and course templates to read in your own time.
Q: What are the advantages of eLearning?
A: You can study anywhere and in your own time without the limitation of a classroom environment. eLearning is increasing in popularity because it is such a convenient way to learn. It is a cost effective option and the eBook is self-explanatory to make sure you can apply the tools you are learning.
Q: Will I receive an international certification?
A: Yes. The Leadership Centre is accredited through IACET (International Association for Continuing Education and Training). Your Certification will be recognised globally.
You are not alone
- Online Ticketing system
- Learner Forum
- Help desk
- Ask the experts questions
Contact Taryn Moodley+2779 352 6252
TLC have delivered an innovative leadership development programme for Fairfield Dairy combining practical workshops, eLearning modules and coffee morning catch up sessions for the team. Our managers and team members have benefited greatly from TLCKeith Stainbank | Human Resource Manager, Fairfield Dairy
I really enjoyed The Leadership Centre's Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course. It has formed a building block and a corner stone for my career. I found the journey challenging and exciting at the same time. TLC Team I salute you guys, this was the best experience I have ever had.Justice Makhetha | Production Foreman, Private
TLC were very professional and went the extra mile. The Financial Management course for 60 Health CEO's was extremely well received by Executives and the Sponsors and was requested to be deployed into the next level of the hospitals.Azita Oskoei | Technical Specialist, Broadreach Healthcare and Western Cape Department of Health